Thursday, May 25, 2023

CPO Futures Open-outcry Trader -1-

The Kuala Lumpur Commodity Exchange or KLCE (now Bursa Malaysia Derivative or BMD) had licensed individual trading participants as we always called " LOCALs " (traders) who did their trading business through the open outcry trading platform before electronic trading system was implemented in early year 2000.    

Start writing this post with a mindset to give credit to all these ex-Locals in open outcry trading that had actually contributed their trading lives growing such a high risk business for this country. Be frank, not many individuals outside this CPO Futures industry know about their existence.

Local T--

First to write about is a LOCAL who was wearing a red vest with alpha code T-- (Sorry for not giving the full alpha code) on the open outcry trading floor. Red vest was specifically allocated to all Locals for easy to be identified during trading to avoid unnecessary issues.   

I already knew Local T-- before joining the floor trading desk at the Dayabumi Complex where the Kuala Lumpur Commodity Exchange was located, my branch manager told me that all eyed on him since big boys outside the trading ring also kept monitoring his trading movements. This was because he did big trades! I was just a young floor runner waiting to be qualified floor trader when my company took me in and gave me the opportunity to start working on the floor. 

Surprisingly, after knowing him in person, he was actually the one who taught me all kinds of trading skills especially introduced and guided me how to use technical trend indicators. learning from the basic theory to calculate day by day historical data manually! MANUALLY ok! The kind of Hard work without the help of computer generated formulas.

Story that never being written until today...

  • Turning few thousands to a million
  • Lost millions and started over again
  • Taking high risk bets and re-built millions fortunes 
  • Slumped and insolvent due to over-trading
  • Never Ever Over-trading was his last advise to me.

T--, from the bottom of my heart, I salute You. Thanks and may your soul find rest.