Wednesday, September 01, 2021

The Pursuit of Happiness

“Well, I am someone who believes in finding happiness. My goal at the beginning of the year was simple: Let’s be happier than last year... Don’t we all want to be happy? Aren’t we all doing whatever we do in order to be happy? Unexpectedly, as soon as happiness became my goal, I achieved more than ever.” - Inbee Park, Golfer of the Year 2013.

The above quote was in my draft since 8 years ago and I finally read it again.

Being a human, we all always wish to find ourselves in the pursuit of happiness from whatever endeavors that we had gone through since young.

Looking back the past 8 years as a "human", the ups and downs trading in Capital Markets and Derivatives would not be easy for many to "achieve" the goals they set.

Year 2020 was a vision by many but coronavirus struck the world! Lock-down, planes grounded, overburden hospitals and many unrecorded incidents that became hot topics in social medias.

Year 2021 now, the unprecedented crisis from the virus remain the main subject that we must live with it. Vaccination in progress but many lost their loved ones.

Read the above quote again, read in our minds, replacing some words to motivate ourselves...
  • well... I am someone who still believe in finding happiness...
  • my goal... let's be happier than last year...
  • Don't we all want to be happy? Our loved ones forever in our hearts... wishing us well.
  • I can achieve more... be positive and life must go on.
Like something in a movie, you are the main character, shooting not end yet, you must hold on.

Do your research, focus on it, do your trades.

Be a disciplined trader, be a disciplined human. Cheers!